As in the game.
Why do we like things that yell at us like that? Buzzzzzz!!!
I loved, and hated, that game. I think the hardest ones to get were the wishbone and the charlie horse.
We played a lot of games, growing up. I’ll include the first 10 that come to mind:
- Othello – Good for the brain.
- Trouble – I can’t quite remember what the object was here, but I do remember popping that bubble thingy.
- Mouse Trap – Mesmerizing. Loved that contraption.
- Candy Land – Not much to this one. I think we all loved it because of the bright colors and groovy illustrations. Hm?
- Battleship – All those little red and white pegs. Moms everywhere must have loved that one.
- Monopoly – Anybody got time for a short game?
- Clue – What’s not to love? Intriguing photo cards, little weapons, and a mansion to play around in. Oh, and sleuthing? Classic.
- Yahtzee – Anybody got time for a quiet game of Yahtzee? I gotta give Robin her props here: She rocks the Yahtzee. (Scrabble, however, was my game. I won every time…just saying)
- So, Scrabble – I just mentioned that above. There was a period of time where we didn’t play this because someone was boycotting…
- Connect Four – A better use of those little checker pieces, I think.
Okay, how about you? Favorite games when you were a kid?